Effective date: May 10, 2020
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
- Company (referred to as either "the company", "we", "us" or "our" in this Agreement) refers to Students Succeeding.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where "control" means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Website refers to Students Succeeding, accessible from https://www.studentssucceeding.com/
- Service refers to the Website.
- Country refers to: Colorado, United States
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Personal Data Collection and Use
Types of Data Collected
We may collect several different types of Personal Data for various purposes to provide and improve our service. While using Our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used. Your Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Usage Data
We only retain collected Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What Personal Data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept Cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. Learn more about cookies here: Cookies: What Do They Do?
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
- Type: Session Cookies
- Administered by: us
- Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the Website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: us
- Functionality Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: us
- Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To Provide and Maintain Our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service including our website.
- To Contact You: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation or changes to our Service
- To Provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To Manage Your Requests: To attend and manage your requests to us including customer care and support.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Colorado, United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Colorado, United States and process it there.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us and we make every reasonable effort to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control by physical and electronic intrusion., Please note no method of data transmission over the Internet, or method of data storage can be guaranteed 100% secure. While we strive to protect your Personal Data by following generally accepted industry standards, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and enhanced as necessary and as technology advances.
Legal Requirements for Disclosure of Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other Legal Requirements
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend our rights or property
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Selling of Data to Third-Parties
We never sell your Personal Data.
Personal Data Control
You always have the option to instruct us not to use your name, address, e-mail address, etc. beyond providing you with the product, service or information you requested plus obvious updates or related products.
For these requests, or to confirm that any Personal Data we have is correct, please contact us in writing. See “Contact Us” below.
Links to Other Sites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us and we will take steps to remove that information from our servers. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent. We take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent. We may require your parent's consent before we collect and use that information.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
For users based in the European Union (EU), we are compliant with the updated laws that protect users and their data. We provide EU residents the ability to click unsubscribe and it will delete their record in our files. We also guarantee we do not share your content with anyone outside of our organization. We will use your data in the following manner only if you have given us permission to do so.
- To execute a contract with you
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
“Do Not Track” Signals Under California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (DNT) at this time. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
By email: [email protected]